On January 31, 2018, an individual posing as the President of ASI Constructors requested copies of employee Form W-2s from 2017. Copies of the W-2 forms were supplied before the company figured out that it was a scam.
Read the Notice ASI Constructors sent to Employees
WHAT INFORMATION WAS COMPROMISED?
A file that included a copy of each of employee W-2 form from 2017 was sent in response to the fraudulent email. An IRS Tax Form W-2 includes the following information:
- Employee Name
- Employee Address
- Employee Social Security Number
- Employee wage and information
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY INFORMATION HAS BEEN COMPROMISED?
Hackers use stolen personal information in a variety of ways. These may be indicators that your information has been compromised:
- Unauthorized charges to a credit card or bank account
- Mail for an unknown credit card or store charge account
- Collection notices or calls for a debt that you don’t owe
- Errors on your credit report, including inquires from businesses you don’t recognize
- Being denied for credit, even though you have good credit
- Your electronically filed tax return is rejected
- You are required to prove your identity to the IRS in person to complete the submission of your income tax return
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
The Hannon Law Firm can help if your personal, confidential information has been breached by hackers. The Hannon Law Firm is currently serving as liaison counsel in the National Chipotle Data Breach class action. HLF filed the only class action against Equifax in the State of Colorado for the breach of 143 million American’s personal information. We proudly serve clients nationally.
If you believe you’ve been affected by the ASI Constructors data breach, we are here to help. You can call our office at 303-861-8800 or fill out the form below.
More than 200 Companies Compromised Employee W-2 Information in 2017 – See the List Here